NO ONE BEATS OUR QUALITY, SERVICE AND PRICE
- Orders received by 4pm CST Monday through Friday can ship the same day!
- FedEx and UPS Station Pick up for your Convenience! Select your location at checkout!
- Only company in our industry to offer Monday Delivery! Place your order by noon on Friday!
- Two Shipping Locations: Natchitoches, LA and New Orleans, LA
Orders by 4pm can ship today!
- On Live and Boiled Crawfish!
- Perishable orders over $100.
- Non-Perishable orders over $50.
- *Excludes Southwest Cargo and Turducken Categories.
With the Following Minimums
PICK YOUR DELIVERY DATE
- During checkout you can choose a specific delivery date!
- It can be as early as tomorrow if ordered by 4pm CST or a future date!
- We offer FedEx and UPS delivery Monday through Saturday
- Southwest Cargo pick ups 7 days per week!
Tomorrow or Future Date!
Don’t Pay More!
Price Match Guarantee
Live Crawfish FAQs
Where do crawfish live?
Crawfish live in a range of habitats including clean, flowing waters (streams, rivers) and standing waters (ponds, lakes, marshes, swamps). They are found in almost any wetland, including drainage ditches; wherever there is water.
Do you deliver crawfish live?
Absolutely! We ship to your door, or offer station pickup via FedEx or UPS. You may also pickup at Southwest Cargo if they are in your area. All within 24 hours!
Where do you catch your crawfish?
We catch crawfish from ponds that we have on our Crawfish Farm property. We also purchase from other Louisiana crawfish farmers, who fish in ponds, swamps, and spillways.
Will crawfish stay alive overnight?
Yes, if they are treated with care - keep them damp, cool, & with proper drainage.
Do crawfish bite? Will they hurt me?
They do not bite, but watch out for those claws!
Which is better, Crawfish or Shrimp?
Both are equally delicious & so good for you! Crawfish have a creamier texture & stronger flavor. While Shrimp are more dense & taste buttery.
What months are crawfish season?
Weather permitting, crawfish season is roughly December through July, with the peak season being February - May.
When does crawfish season start in 2019?
We have already started shipping for 2019, as of January.
What does crawfish taste like?
Crawfish have a very unique flavor, they are stronger & meatier than lobster. It is more subtle and less tough than shrimp and is sometimes described as combination of shrimp and crab. Slightly salty, sweet and with a little bit of mineral flavor.
Do crawfish have to be alive when cooked?
No, but the prevailing theory for avoiding cooked crawfish with non-curled tails is based on a safety concern. The theory goes that cooked crawfish with straight tails were dead before cooking and, without knowing how long the animals had been dead or how they were stored, it is best to avoid consuming them.
Why are crawfish called mudbugs?
They live in the mud of freshwater ponds & bayous, hence the mudbug nickname.
How do i eat crawfish?
Traditionally for crawfish boils they are served with corn, potatoes, sausage, etc. It is such a versatile protein, the meat can be fried, sauteed, used in soups, etouffees, bisques, gumbos, tossed in pasta, served over rice, made into a crawfish pie, used in salads, the possibilities are endless.
How do I clean crawfish?
You may order our already purged crawfish OR Pour the sack of live crawfish in a plastic children’s pool, large tub, or a large ice chest. Add water (some people add salt) to just cover the crawfish. After purging and cleaning, do not leave the crawfish covered with water, as they need air to stay alive. Keep the crawfish in cool & moist until you’re ready to start cooking.
How do i peel crawfish?
1. Hold the head - Hold the head with one hand and extend the tail all the way out. 2. Twist the head off - Place your thumb and forefinger on either side of the head and twist until the head separates from the tail. 3. Grab the tail - Put the head aside and focus on the tail, to get all the best meat. At this point, many people will suck the head for extra flavor. 4. Start peeling - Use your thumb and start peeling from the wide part of the tail. Peel layer by layer to loosen the meat away from the tail. The amount of layers you have to peel depends on the crawfish, so be patient. Be careful, if the crawfish are juicy this step may get a little dirty. 5. Pinch the tail & wiggle the meat out. 6 Enjoy!
How to pronounce crawfish?
How many pounds of crawfish should I order per person?
The national average is approximately 3 pounds per person, depending on what other foods are served (corn, potatoes, sausage, etc.)