INGREDIENTS:• 1 sack (30-35 lbs) live crawfish
• 6 pounds LACrawfish company seafood boil mix
• 20 Corn on the Cob
• 20 small red potatoes
• optional: 2 whole fresh artichokes
• optional: 2 lbs sausage
• optional: 1 small container mushrooms
1. Wash crawfish thoroughly with running water, removing any that are crushed.
2. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover crawfish. Add 2-3lbs of LACrawfish company seafood boil mix to the water. This will vary depending on the size of your pot.
3. Prepare vegetables. The standard favorites are corn-on-the-cob and potatoes. However we suggest you also try mushrooms, carrots, whole onions, whole garlic, and any others of your choice. Boil the vegetables in the water after removing the crawfish, keeping in mind they will not take long to cook and they soak up the spices quickly. Start the potatoes first and add the others right before the potatoes are almost fork tender. When they are ready remove from pot and set aside to keep warm.
4. Add 1 more bag of LACrawfish company seafood boil mix to the water. The powdered premixed seasoning contains salt, lemon, onion, garlic, and many other spices needed for real “Cajun flavor”. Bring water to a rolling boil.
5. Place crawfish in water, cover, return water to a boil, & boil approx. 1- 2 minutes. Turn off fire & Remove crawfish from water and place in an ice chest. The box the crawfish are shipped in works great for this purpose! Place a 2" layer of crawfish then sprinkle an even layer of LA Crawfish Co. Seafood Boil Mix (if desired). Continue layering crawfish and seasoning until all crawfish are in the chest. We recommend 1 ½ - 2 lbs of LACrawfish company seafood boil mix per 30lbs of crawfish. 4. Place the lid tightly on the chest and let the crawfish steam approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Uncover and enjoy.