- 30 lbs pre-boiled crawfish (thawed if using frozen crawfish)
- 20 Corn on the Cob
- 20 small red potatoes
- optional: 2lb seafood boil mix for additional spice
- optional: 2 whole fresh artichokes
- optional: 2lbs sausage
- optional: 1 small container mushrooms
1. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the crawfish.
2. Bring water and additional seasonings (optional) to a rolling boil.
3. Place the crawfish in boiling water. Boil crawfish only approx. 2-3 minutes. Remember you are not trying to cook the crawfish, simply trying to heat them. Remove crawfish from water immediately.
4. Vegetables traditionally are served with boiled crawfish. The standard favorites are corn-on-the-cob and potatoes. Boil the vegetables in the water before or after heating the crawfish, keeping in mind they will not take long to cook, and they soak up the spices quickly. Start the potatoes first and add the others right before the potatoes are almost fork tender.
5. Place the crawfish and vegetables on a table covered with newspaper.
6. LA Crawfish Co. Creole Seasoning or more of the Seafood Boil may be sprinkled on top of the crawfish if desired for spicier Cajun flavor!